Playtime Child Care & Learning Center | Child Care Services
Playtime has been in continuous operation since 1967. Located in Poquoson, Virginia, our center serves up to 165 children per day, ranging in age from 12 months to 12 years. Our center is designed to provide a learning environment for the children of our community as well as the children of working parents. The Playtime environment provides opportunities to think creatively and to make decisions and choices within appropriate limits.
We know that early experiences are the foundation for the growth and development of the child. Searching for new ideas and enjoyable experiences are essential keys to the fulfillment of this commitment to the child. The Playtime child is nurtured in an environment where love and respect are shown for each child as an individual. We bridge the gap from home to school, and we guide the children to a continued good self-image while building social, physical, cognitive, and emotional skills.
Objectives for Each Day
- Enjoy working and playing with others
- Recognize the rights of others
- Be accepting and comfortable with other children
- Accept personal responsibilities for group living by sharing, helping, and cooperating with others
- Feel good about themselves
- Enjoy activities to develop large and small muscle groups
- Develop healthy habits
- Manage feelings—self-control
- Grow in independence
- Learn about their world and their place in it
All staff members are sensitive, capable people. Most of our staff are highly experienced early childhood educators and are active in our state and local associations. All participate in a continuous program of in-service education and studies for professional advancement in order to remain alert to the ever-changing needs of today's families and to the findings of current research.